Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sylvia, The Gracious One

I've known Sylvia for about 17 years. From our first meeting, and throughout all the years, I can honestly say she was one of the most gracious people I ever had the honor of knowing. I love Bonnie's remembrance, as it is also one of mine: "Thanks a billion!" Sylvia would say - and she meant it.

I never saw Sylvia mired in pettiness. She was completely accepting and loving.

I don't believe I ever saw Sylvia without make-up, and certainly not without lipstick!

The afterworld has been busy preparing for her - it takes a long time to get enough candy for her arrival.

Despite all her accomplishments, her primary focus in life was family - and to the end she was engaged in their lives.

She always swore they had a dog that smiled when the "kids" were growing up; that, and many other memories will bring a smile to my lips whenever I think of the accomplished, gracious Sylvia Golden Cohen,

Leslie Cohen, daughter in law.
February 21, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment